A Pilot Scenario: (will make visual)
1. To grow outpatient billables by increasing attendance to in-person appointments and adding telemedicine appointments.
2. To increase recovery rates, adding whole-life value to for your patients.
- Sam is an OTP patient set up to use SmartSpark by his counselor David.
- During set up, Sam adds visuals to make SmartSpark personalized. Videos of himself saying his motivations for recovery, photos that remind him why he wants to keep clean: his kids, his mom, a woman he likes, a car, a vacation he wants to take. He adds keywords of hobbies and things he wants to learn about or that he could do when bored. Basketball, welding, cars, photography, cooking, weight-lifting, volunteering, backgammon. As he keeps using the app, he'll keep adding more images and video-selfies that are relevant to him. He'll invite some support friends and learn about the CCG group support inside of SmartSparks. (CBT /preloading/Motivational keyword/imagery)
DYNAMIC TIMING (customizable, with defaults based on data):
- 20 minutes after he leaves the intake meeting, he gets his first Spark video. It makes him feel good - tells him he has done well by taking the 1st step. The video may teach him some new info and asks him to reply with a video.
- The next day at 10am, he gets a Spark video nudge that inspires him to go play basketball or lift weights. It includes a hello from his counselor and reminds him to video-conference call the next day. Visual nudges continue to come at multiple helpful times (TBD.) They include simple picture reminders to take meds and upcoming appointments.
- The next day, Sam does a 20 minute video-conference call with his counselor which is billable. He knows that by doing the call, he gets another raffle ticket.
- When Sam feels particularly vulnerable, he reaches out to the on-call counselor to do emergency video-conference call. He rewatches some of his favorite Sparks. He creates a new episode (seeing a video that explains new coping skills in a fun, engaging manner.) He earns a new raffle ticket. He can check his raffle tickets in the app.
The sparks work by over-riding willpower depletion and activating helpful neural pathways.
LOCATION BASED TRIGGERS:
- during app onboarding, SmartSpark gets identifiers of locations where Sam needs willpower boosts and what kind of boosts. They will be 'pre-loaded' behavior cues. So, Sam will have a plan of a behavior that they're reminded of through a Spark . Ex., locations where they score drugs, reminds them of their plan to "put on headphones and looking at the sky, sing and listen to "I got this!" At McDonalds, they may set up a nudge to choose healthy options, etc.